Sunday 7 February 2016

The Amway Manipulation

Amway is one of the MLM companies' payment structure I use to get paid for consuming products beneficial to my health and the safety of my environment. At least so I believe. Earning foreign exchange in this format is not only a +1 for me, but very useful for my country.

With more Jamaicans earning US currency in this way can help stem the devaluing of the Jamaican dollar. The present FXrate would decrease because the local banks' demand for the US dollars for US/JA trading would decrease. Persons earning through MLM structures would be pumping US$ into savings and investment accounts providing the banks with currency they would be able to sell.

Supply and Demand for Currencies

Our ($JA) dollar is devaluing against the USD (green back) because Jamaica is earning too little USD. Most transactions Jamaica does on the international market like when the government is buying foreign products or services are done in USD. So to get the USD needed to buy the stuff the country wants 'needs' the Jamaican dollar has to be used to purchase USD.

All the time our dollar was devaluing was because some fat cat saw that we really needed the US dollar and couldn't get it anywhere else so he raised the price of it so he made a profit on the price he bought it for from someone else.

Business Assessment

However, the consumption side of the MLM market means Jamaican IBO's have to give up JA dollars initially for goods (AMWAY-US made products). As the profits of my Internet and MLM business grow the more I will be able to use US dollars to buy US goods. You see manipulating Amway is all about using consumer habits to earn for me. It's almost like buying my own products from myself. But it is really circulating funds within your business until the business profits increase.

The first 6 months of my business I tried to maximize the benefits of Amway's Fast Track Program (FSP). In my opinion I failed though. The reason for the failure was the lack of insight and the level of my income (from my salary). It was after I mocked up an excel sheet I realised I could make more than what I made, without trying to actually selling products to anyone.

And I am no expert salesman but I tried to learn sales. I found most sales techniques and philosophies (especially those taught by my up-lines) repulsive and unnatural. When I used them some worked but they made me feel sleezy and awkward. Most times I could feel the tension between me and my customers. Luckily I had a little charisma that could temper the tension to still get the sale. Yeah up-lines told me about expecting the 'NO's' and being discouraged by them; but man were they plenty. I was discouraged of course but the discouragement made me determined to find a better way. Hence the excel sheet for my business activity was 1 step closer to finding the better way.


Next Page >>

No comments:

Post a Comment